As if one eight minutes video is not enough, Ne-Yo released two last night. One for Beautiful Monster and one for Champagne Life. Trouble is they seemed to have focused more on the first one.

The whole story begins with Beautiful Monster. The story is great, editing is good, it truly got my full attention. I like the song so it's all good:



But then it continues with Champagne Life. The story goes a bit back in time to explain some things but then it hops one year into the future so it stays relevant to the song. Not sure how they could've fixed it. Maybe by avoiding it all together, since the song is crappy? Eh? The end credits do say To be continued so Ne-Yo has a chance to redeem himself and give us a decent ending on a great song. Will he live up the expectations? Only time will tell.



The songs are from his fourth album, Libra Scale, set to be released in September. From the song list my guess for a/the future single is What Have I Done, referring to "creating a beautiful monster" by falling in love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo





My name is Markus but online I usually go undercover as Ray.

This blog shall be a place where my thoughts run free, dreams come true and boundaries are non existent.

Feel free to comment and contact me if you want to share a thought or just tell me how delicious your last snack was.
;)

Search

Popular Posts

Labels